Member work

Member work

Tuesday 3 August 2021

A few more 'Same Sea, Different Boats' collagraphs

Here are a few more images shared by members of their now stitched collagraphs.

Firstly, a few words from Sue Brown:

"I really enjoyed being part of your group's creative weekend and I am looking forward to you all being part of Same Sea, Different Boat - pushing it into panel 7 as I only have 12 spaces left on panel 6 ... I am committed to in-person workshops, nothing quite like them and perhaps when this madness has eased I can come and give your group an in-person workshop with my portable presses (yes more than one!!)

"Thank you all for being such warm welcoming hosts and pushing me into extending my zoom skills. I look forward to stitching squares on your behalf.

"Very best wishes, Sue"

Gill has finished her two pieces. The Zoom one is completely stitched, with no printing:


On the clock face the tangled threads in the middle denote the world in a mess, although Gill says, "for me personally I have relished having the extra time to sew and draw and have taken the opportunity to take part in so many free courses online available from generous tutors. I always enjoy Sue Brown's short Sunday prompts which she puts on Instagram."


Jenny completed this striking piece:



Collagraph


and Wendy's has lots of textured stitching:


It's wonderful to see such different takes on the same theme, and we are looking forward to seeing them on Sue's finished work.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment